Storm and Silence
Book review and spoilers
Hello lovely readers. The first book I choose to write about is “Storm and Silence” by RobThier a.k.a Sir Rob.
Here is an excerpt from the book:
“It is your choice,” he said, stepping so close to me that our lips were almost touching. “Either do what I say – or get another job.” My heart stood still as I gazed up into his deep, dark, dangerous eyes… In a world where women’s only role in life is to sit at home and look pretty, Lilly is determined to fight for her freedom. There’s only one problem: a powerful man blocking her way.
- First of all, let me tell you this book is of historical genre. YES, HISTORICAL! But don’t stop here. This book is not just one time read, this book will make you fall in love with it and you will re-read it.
- This book revolves around Mr Rikkard Ambrose ( The billionaire) and Lillian Linton ( The feisty lady).
- This book is totally not the clichéd billionaire love story you will find everywhere.
- It is full of sarcasm as well. I really loved the sarcastic part in it.
- The book is quite lengthy, so initially I started reading this as a challenge. But later on, this book caught my interest so well, I just had to read it complete as fast as possible for me.
- The story is completely amazing. Trust me. I love love this book so much!
The story began with Lillian aka lilly, trying to vote in the elections. As I said before, this is a historical genre novel, and the women weren’t allowed to vote in the era in which the story is set. But Lilly, our feisty girl, won’t let the male chauvinists take her freedom like that. She disguises herself as a man and goes out to vote. There, she even helps some stranger, who happens to be our dear Mr Rikkard Ambrose and that’s how they meet.
Somehow Lilly finds herself in the position of Mr Ambrose’s secretary and well, she has to dress up quite fashionably!
The book can be called “Thousand Tones of Silence” as well, because we cannot ignore the different types of silence Mr Ambrose taught us!
Mr Ambrose, the epitome of calmness with eyes that are the shade of sea and a voice full of confidence, the looks of a Greek God and a stare as cold as an iceberg! Totally drool worthy! But not for Lilly, these two fight with each other and care for each other in a way that is different from others, but both won’t let it show. That’s how these two are!
It’s quite interesting, how Lilly always fights her attraction towards Mr Ambrose and her mind always reminds her of the feminism and the fight she is in.
The book takes an interesting turn when our main leads go out on a little trip to find a file
The action starts here. Lots of running, duel fights, hiding and escaping from soldiers, saving each other’s life etc.
The ending made me cry and yearn for the sequel.
These are two images from the last chapter that made my heart melt.
- This is the book 1 of the Storm and Silence Saga.
- It won the Story of the Year 2015 in Watty awards as well.
- You can find it on Amazon for kindle and hard copy. Click here to buy ebook and hard copy.
- You can read it on Wattpad and Radish app as well. Storm And Silence on Wattpad
Go ahead and Read the book!
Do share your experience here with me about the book.
And yeah, comment, follow, share, like ❤
Stay happy 😁
And don’t forget, as Mr Ambrose always says “Knowledge is power is time is money!”